If three or more of these apply to you there may be cause for concern. Please let us know so that we can discuss this further.
- I have been told that I snore.
- I have been told that I stop breathing when I sleep, even though I may not remember.
- I am always sleepy during the day, even after seven or more hours of sleep at night.
- I have high blood pressure.
- I have been told that I sleep restlessly or I'm always tossing and turning.
- I frequently wake up in the morning with headaches.
- I tend to fall asleep during inappropriate situations.
- Others and/or I have noticed a recent change in my personality
- I am overweight.
- The diameter of my neck is at least 17 inches (16 for a woman).
Sleep Observer Scale
Have your bed partner rate you while you sleep using the following scale to choose the most appropriate number for each situation.
0 = Never 1 = Infrequently (1 night per week) 2 = Frequently (2-3 nights per week) 3 = Most of the time (4 or more nights per week)
- Loud, irritating snoring ______
- Choking or gasping for air ______
- Pauses in breathing ______
- Twitching / kicking of arms or legs ______
- Snoring requiring separate bedrooms ______
- Falling asleep inappropriately (example: while driving or at meetings) ______
Total score ______ A score of 5 or greater shows symptoms that are impacting the health, safety, or quality of life of the observed person. If this is the case, we recommend you contact us to set up a consultation.